Saturday, December 6, 2008

Dating Experiment 9,999,999 - Part II

What the hell? I have been on far too many dates, to not be able to recognize a good one from the mix of bad apples.

bad date Pictures, Images and Photos

How far off can one person possibly be? I listen, watch, try to read what's going on during a date to ascertain first of all 'if' I want to see the person again, and secondly 'if' I think I'll hear from them. There's got to be mutual interest or it's just not worth pursuing. That would be stalking. Right?

stalking Pictures, Images and Photos

As you may recall, during date number one he told me he wanted to ask for my number, but was nervous. He also said that over the last few months since we met, he would make up excuses to come into work just to see if I was there. I'm glad I slipped him my number, and certainly glad he used it. But, at what point should a guy just take the reins and move things along?

So, I speak with Mr. Dating Experiment 9,999,999 on the phone. This is the first time since the day before Thanksgiving when I called him. I call him back and during the conversation he says, 'Well you said you wouldn't call me and you've called twice now.' I respond with, 'Smack! I could just delete your number out of my phone.' He laughs. Why do guys tease? Why are women drawn to it?

He tells me he had stopped into work to see if I was there. Why? He has my number. Why go through the trouble of stopping in? I do not understand this at all. I ask him if there's something wrong with his fingers that he couldn't have just called and offer him a lesson on the lost art of dialing. We both laugh.

He wants to get together. Of course, I do as well. During date two he razzes me about the phone call, I repeat that I'll NEVER call him again and after the unrelenting teasing I'm firm on this point. He can just call me until I'm able to answer the phone or find me at work. Jerk … he's cute about it though … damn it.

We laughed … We laughed a lot. I had tears rolling out of my eyes, the conversation never stopped, except for a few kisses which were lovely, and the time flew by as quickly as it did during date number one.

I walk him out … which is a bit ironic given what happened (or didn't happen) during date number one. He wants me to see his car which we had talked about at length during the evening. It looked kind of like this one:

Brandon

I asked if I can take it for a spin and he hands me the keys. Why do guys do that? Is it some sort of she can drive my car, shift my stick, handle my ride sexual parallel? I believe it is. I've been handed the keys to far too many very nice vehicles I had absolutely no business driving after a couple of drinks. Of course I had no intention of getting behind the wheel … or walking him all the way to his car for that matter. LOL!

So he promises to cruise out of the neighborhood quietly. He he he … ya! So not going to happen! I felt like I was at Indy and could feel the stairs vibrating under my feet inside the house. It was kind of a turn on … Thank God my neighbors like me. He didn't rev the engine or try to be noisy, but it was thumping.

I'm going to go write one-hundred times, 'I will not call boys.' I think it's better that way.

No comments: