Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another Dating Disaster ... A.D.D.

Okay friends, I decided to take the easiest way out of this and simply post the last bulletin I put up as a blog. I'm still receiving comments via private messages and some sniveling whiny remarks taking this VERY personally! Too many men took my challenge to "MAN UP" as an invitation to woman bash to me personally. So NOT cool! Unfortunately, or fortunately, I'm not sure yet, they DIDN'T read my DISCLAIMER!!! So I blocked some and deleted others ... I win ... YAY me!!!

TO SOME WHINERS WHO HAVEN'T BEEN BLOCKED OR DELETED YET, IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY POST IT FOR ALL TO SEE SO I AND OTHERS CAN COMMENT BACK!!! IT'S CALLED A DIALOGUE!!! IF I JUST WANTED TO HEAR A LECTURE (MONOLOGUE) I WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR ONE!!!

By the way, I was right about my prediction regarding Speedy which you can read as a post on my page. I REALLY can't believe I'm going to say this, but I AGREE with him!!!

Here it is. Comment away guys and dolls!

**********

After further consideration, let's just call it ADD ... I do believe in a somewhat twisted way it fits! ;p

My thanks to ALL of you who chose to MAN UP and respond!!! Kudos to you!!!

Following is my original bulletin; the summary of responses are at the bottom:

**********

"NEXT! Would Bachelor 987 please step up to the plate?"

I'm posting this as a bulletin rather than a blog because NO MAN IS EVER GOING TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION PUBLICLY!!! As a matter of fact I'm NOT going to hold my breath that I'll get ANY male responses ... other than maybe Speedy who will say he's never been in that position ;p

BUT, if you choose to MAN UP and answer, I dare you to post it on my page, or just message it to me.

Okay, here goes nothing:

If you go on a date, she's not into you and doesn't want to see you again, how do you like to be told? Is there a nice way to break up? (I'm talking "just dating" break up, NOT "relationship" break up ... that's a blog for another day!)

Disclaimer: This is NOT directed towards anyone in particular on this site who I may know personally, have met briefly, a friend of a friend, or even those of you I may have spoken to ... I'm catching a lot of heat for my "Women are the new men" headline, but it stays ... at least for now ;p

T

***************************************

Summary of responses:

The majority of men said, there's just really no easy way to go about it. As much as I appreciate ALL of their responses, most of them were not willing to say, "This is how I'd like to hear the news that she's just not into me." However, without exception they ALL said "dating sucks" or made similar comments which made me feel like all of my girlfriends and me might not be aliens after all! YAY for us!!! I knew we weren't ... but you know the whole Mars Venus "thing" (Thanks Peppa!) ...

Two men differed from the crowd.



The first said, at the end of the date just simply say, "It was a pleasure meeting you but I am not feeling a connection. Thank you for getting together and best wishes."

I like the honest approach, however speaking from a woman's perspective, and a petite one at that, if their angry text and email messages are any sign of how they'd respond face-to-face I think women should only date if their packing a firearm.

I'm sorry to say this but men can be mean and SCARY!

The second said:

I'm going to paraphrase because this guy had A LOT to say: Be nice, but honest. Tell him the things you DO like about him and then tell him you don't have any feelings for him and never will. If the guy has it together he will not pursue you anymore. If you continue to see him and don't tell him he'll just lose all respect for you and end up hating you for wasting his time, energy, and playing games.

I think I like it, but would still do it from a safe distance.

I'll likely blog all of this later for any of my blogger friends that care to comment further!

Again, thanks to all the guys that chimed in!

No comments: