Thursday, October 9, 2008

Have you ever had your heart crack open after a simple question?

Some of this is my writing ...
Some of it is not ...
None of this is logical to a man, so if you are a man, you might as well stop reading!
All of this is emotional and probably the reason women sometimes appear to be cold hearted bitches, when in fact, quite the opposite is true.

A friend says to me, "You seem sad."
Three little words.
But in my mind I think:

We are not going to do this.
I can't share.
I can't catch-up with you.
I can't even really speak.
I can't talk, because if I did, if I told you I have/haven't slept alone in ___ years,
If I told you I often miss ___________ so much I want to die,
If I told you the things I did today just to stay busy enough to keep from crying,
If I told you that my heart hurt so much at times I want to rip it from my chest with my own little hands, I would fall apart.
And I don't have time to fall apart because I'm too exhausted trying to hold it all together for everybody else.
And it's not that I'm not happy to see you, because I am.
But, I wish that you would go home so the choice to talk and fall apart would go away.

So I say, "I'm fine."

No comments: