Thursday, October 9, 2008

Request for intervention in conflict of interests case.

Dear Friends:

Following is the final draft of the message I sent to Representative ______ ___ this afternoon. My thanks to all of you, especially ___ for your assistance in tweaking the content and wording to make it most effective. I'm posting this to my preferred blog list, of which there are few members, just so there's some record of what's transpired in case my body suddenly disappears.

*********************************************************

Dear Representative ______ ___:

I understand that you were recently quoted, all over the internet, by bloggers across the country, in newspapers, and on the 5 and 10 o'clock news having responded to a citizen in an email message saying, "You obviously expect the government to protect your friends from themselves…Your friends choose not to take responsibility and you are defending them? …The government is not your keeper."

I want you to know that I completely agree with you Mr. ___. Human beings should be able to protect themselves and take responsibility for their actions and their families WITHOUT governmental interference.

Unfortunately this doesn't always occur and my divorce and custody case is one of many great examples. There was a clear conflict of interests and miscarriage of justice due to the inter-relationships of the parties involved, to include: the Guardian ad Litem (Mr. _______ _. ___) assigned by The Second District Court (Davis County), Commissioner _____ _. ______, Judge ____ _. ______, Division of Child and Family Services, and the Petitioner (_______ _. _________, Director of The Salt Lake Early Intervention Program, Division of Youth Corrections, State of Utah). Given the fact the Utah State Youth Corrections Board is one of your supporting agencies I would imagine that would give you much more insight into this matter than I am able to share with you in this message.

Again, referencing your highly publicized correspondence stated earlier, in this message, you were quoted to have said, "She and her friends were attacking me on my position," in order to justify your remarks which she took so offensively. I can empathize with you Mr. ___. It's a terrible feeling to be attacked. I myself have been attacked by a government justice system I trusted to consider my best interest, carry out justice in the truest sense of the word, and most importantly, take into account the best interest of my children.

I thought justice was supposed to be blind. Obviously in this case, it is not. Justice has NOT been served in our case and my rights and those of my children have been trampled by the very system that purports to protect us. I have made numerous attempts to request a custody evaluation and have a different Guardian ad Litem assigned to our case, to no avail. I have many of these hearing on video tape and I'm sure they would be available to you if you choose to look into this matter.

I am aware that you sponsored a bill establishing a judicial performance evaluation program and created a commission to administer the program. It passed; and you are on the Judicial Performance Evaluation Commission. Clearly you're in a position to intercede in my case.
Because of the relationships my ex-husband has cultivated during his career with the State of Utah having worked in Weber, Davis, and Salt Lake Counties, I would like to request a change of venue to a county where I could be guaranteed fair, just, and swift action. However, due to the parties involved, this could only be accomplished with a gag order, thereby allowing the possibility of an impartial system to hear our case.

Because of a ruling made by said Commissioner, I was prevented from seeking ANY psychological and/or medical assistance for my own children after having raised them virtually alone for five years and sought both a divorce support group and behavioral assistance for my son to assist both children with this life transition according to their individual needs. I later had to seek the assistance of same said Commissioner to get him to parent the custodial parent and rule that my son be evaluated for needed psychological/psychiatric treatment. This came after four years of fighting all of the entities involved in the system while my children suffered in agony, struggling with their emotions, and one of them physically out of control in violent rages, putting him at risk for his own safety and that of others.

My son's behavior and my daughter's grades are continuing to decline. My son has had several incidents where he has threatened and physically attacked other children while in preschool (one from which he was expelled) and at his current school, while in the custodial care of his father. _______ is now intent on buying him a BB-gun which flies in the face of any responsible parenting, given the fact he is fully aware, albeit in denial of the magnitude of our son's behavioral issues. Three weeks ago my son (now seven) threatened to shoot one of his peers at school with a supposed gun he had in his backpack. It turned out to "only" be a stick, which is why the school chose not to report it to authorities. Nonetheless, when the principal called me I asked him if he was aware that my son had once stabbed a child in the chest with a stick while in preschool; and explained that a stick, very well can be a weapon. He was not aware of my child's past behavioral issues because the custodial parent, _______, would rather minimize and ignore the needs of our children. Like you Mr. ___, I'm all for gun rights; but the child is seven and has psychiatric issues, which have been further compounded by the miscarriage of justice adding further trauma to his young life.

It is my hope that after hearing the details I have so carefully researched and explained with the emotions from the life experiences I and my children live and continue to endure each day, you will take a second look at this case. As I told my ex-husband and Mr. _______ _. ___, "I am my children's mother and I am not going away." As long as I live I will continue to fight for our rights and use any and all resources available to me, to advertise this blatantly clear conflict of interests that has forever changed our lives.

I thank you for reading my message and look forward to your response.

Me

..¨¨)) -:|:-
¸.•.. .•..¨¨))
((¸¸.•.. ..•.. -:|:-
-:|:- ((¸¸.•..* "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."

No comments: