Thursday, October 9, 2008

How is life?

Today, like many other days, I received a message from a friend asking how my life was. We humans seem to ask each other this a lot ... sometimes just to make conversation, sometimes to fill the void because we don't know what else to say, and sometimes because we truly give a damn. So I gave some serious consideration to how my life is and wanted to share it with all my friends.

NOTE: This doesn't mean I mind when people ask; it actually makes me feel kind of nice.

I'm just doing my thing and trying to be happy every day even if it's just about little things that humor me. To be perfectly honest I have no idea where my life is going. But, I'm hanging in there and trying to keep a smile. I've been working out a lot more than usual which helps me with my stress level and I just don't sweat the small stuff like I used to. I guess to sum it all up, I'm in a pretty good place right now.

I have my kids who love me more than anything in this world (other than possibly Disneyland); I have a few wonderful friends who make me laugh (sometimes at myself), have been there with and for me through the good, the bad, and the sometimes VERY ugly (one for nearly 20 years); and after all of the life experiences I've endured I still have my sense of humor (however jaded it may sometimes be).

Life is just too damn short to wonder when I'm gonna be happy. My uncle has terminal cancer and likely won't live more than a few months (has opted to forgo medical advice and use strictly homeopathic treatment), my dad will likely have to begin a combination of chemo and radiation soon for his leukemia, and God only knows what's around the corner. When I'm gonna be happy is now and hopefully I'll have my kids, friends, and maybe someone special (whatever that means) in my life along the way.

Other than that, life is nothing more than a crap shoot ... and those are pretty shitty odds (pardon the pun)!

No comments: