Thursday, October 9, 2008

Road Rage, Hook-ups, or Speed-Dating?

So I'm driving home from the upper east side cucumber sandwich PTA luncheon and heading down I-15 at about 75 mph. I hear the car next to me beep. I figure it's a road rager and ignore it. I hear the beep again ... and again ... and again. I look over, it's a cute guy, he gives me the head nod, winks, smiles, and holds his cell phone up telling me to call him, all the while driving and giving me hand signals to try to give me his number. I block my number and proceed to call. I asked him if he typically tries to pick women up on the freeway and he tells me that I caught his eye and he couldn't help himself. Although we both could have been killed I force a laugh. Are we doing this now? Or are there really some men walking among us that are really relationship seekers? He didn't throw out any "hook-up" lines, asked how long I'd been single and whether or not I enjoyed being single, and said he was tired of single life. Then he asked if I'd call him tonight. Any thoughts?

No comments: